KÄFELE TRANSLATES AS "COFFEEING”
this word from the swiss german dialect refers
to the practice of leisurely enjoying a coffee without
a particular agenda in mind, just to hang out together.
Käfele is a simple yet powerful offline way to meet and learn from our human diversity and connect to our local ecosystem through meaningful conversations and coffees. Like doing sports where we practice a discipline, doing Käfele is literally about practicing human connection. Käfele is an invitation to consider the potential that lies in having [just] meaningful conversation, in a way that allows us to be the humans we are beyond our titles [and intentions]. It is an invitation to harvest the learning that comes from asking sincere questions to someone who holds a different world view.
Every month or so, usually in the evening from around 6.30 PM onwards, we open up our home and our garden to make room and space for a Käfele. Everyone, old and young, black and white, busy and lazy, who are curious, willing and able to do Käfele are warmly invited to come.
HOW TO DO A KÄFELE?
- Create a space that feels like home.
- Make sure there is coffee and snacks made with love.
- Do your outmost to relax, chill and make people feel welcome as they arrive. And have them join your team to do so for others too.
- a) Make a warm collective introduction and tell your guests why this experience is something special to you and why you want to host a Käfele tonight. b) Instead of having a collective introduction you can also invite people in and start Käfele fluently as your guests arrive.
- If you choose the collective introduction, then follow up by explaining to people how it will work [otherwise do that bilaterally]. They are now going to make pairs, by choosing someone they do not know and are curious to get to know [or precisely would never think of talking to normally]. Next step is to start a conversation with this person, letting the help of the Who Cards or the recipes take you deep [for download below].
- Pairs are made, and Käfele starts.
- After a 30 min to 1 hour of free talking you call the Käfele pairs together, make a circle and suggest people to share what they learned about themselves or what they learned in general through this sharing.
- Open up the circle and let people go where they feel drawn to go [home, to do another Käfele, chill, pause, eat, etc.]
- Go to bed with a smile on your face ;)
THE WHO CARDS
Here you can find some powerful questions we have used in various conversations to help us understand who we really are.
Wether you are a facilitator, a family member, a friend, a neighbor or just curious, we invite you to try out these WHO CARDS.
Explore with them how reaching a deeper level and quality in conversations has the power to transform things around [and within] you.
RECIPES FOR HAVING MEANINGFUL COFFEES
We humans have collectively created the story that is today known as "the world order" [dramatic music would be playing in the background now, if we could make that happen]. It is completely on us where to take this story through conversations and new stories.
Try one of our recipes and change the world, one coffee at a time.